Sunday, January 2, 2011

OMSI visit with Taylor and his friend Will

Left this morning with Taylor and his very talkative friend Will.  Asked Taylor to bring a DVD to play in the car and he took AVATAR.  What a lucky movie to bring Will hadn't seen it yet.  Traveling 60 miles into Portland could be a long trip.  I listened to my music and the boys sat in silence watching with only a few comments.

Reached OMSI (http://www.omsi.edu) and went in following the boys up two stories of stairs.  When I got to the top they had decided they wanted to go to some of the new exhibits back on the first floor.  Down the two stories back to the entrance and off in a new direction.  The kids were great talking and talking and talking.  I just followed them around and finally asked if they were hungry.  No not now.   I said I was hungry so I went to the cafe and had a nice lunch.  Found the boys trying to put eight wooden blocks together into a square. Never did succeeded in the puzzle  Now they were hungry and we went back to the cafe.  They both had a pizza and Taylor had fruit smoothie which was real good.  Watched them make it with lots of fresh fruit.

Taylor being told exactly how to put the sail on the sailboat but Will.  They had a wind generator at the other end of this water tank.

Taylor do it this way!  No I can do it without your help!  
They had a ball with this rubber band power boat especially with extra rubber bands and the added paddle wheel.  

Making a earthquake structure.  Where should I put this piece?  
Can't see it but both of the boys have water all over the front of them from the boats.

Left OMSI 30 minutes before they were closing.  Boys had a great time.  I did too.  The 60 miles back home was also very peaceful with Avatar running and it finished in Will's driveway (after we sat there for about 3 minutes).  What great planning and back to the house at 6:15PM

No comments:

Post a Comment